Switch ip and vlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switch ip and vlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Switch ip and vlan
Switch ip and vlan
2021-02-27 02:06:05 - last edited 2021-02-27 02:07:18
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I'm missing something fundamental. 

I have a lot of tplink actually. 

Two smart switches, an eap225 and 2 eap115's 

I am running a router on Opnsense (which is very similar to pfsence) 

I think we can focus on the main switch sg 1024de. 

Because it's a Lagg from opnsense to the switch I am trying to run vlans. I have a vlan set up to run dhcp over the lagg as my Lan. 

But I am missing the basic functionality of the 8021q vlan1 and ip of the router. I can statically assign a ip, but why when selecting "get ip via dhcp" does it get 192.168.0. 1? I have no dhcp subnet assigning that ip range!? Also how can am I still able to communicate with it? If I do a static ip, I can no longer communicate from a different subnet. 

It does not show up under leases if I allow "dhcp" "to assign ip. So i can't set an ip with my router via lease. 

What vlan should I use for managing of the switch? 1? What ip range should that vlan  use? Should I statically set the ip? 

Sorry, I'm missing something in the defaults of the switch. I probably lack the basic knowledge of the default vlan or management vlan. 

I have it working, but it's not working right. 

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 0

Related Articles