Advanced switching options - stacking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-07 14:06:05

Recently been looking into TP-Link as an option for some of the home and SMB installs we do. But as a larger customer ourselves I'm wondering about the future of the switching line. I noticed that TP-Link had a couple of models of switches that support(ed) stacking, specifically the T1700G-28TQ, but it is now marked as EOL.

Does anyone know if any of the newer switches, or upcoming ones, will support stacking? This is a solution we use now on our Aruba switches to provide switch fault tolerance to our Hyper-V hosts via LACP connections between multiple switches and individual hosts.

I was reviewing the user manual for the T1700G and doesn't specifically say this is even supported, but I would assume so.

If no stacking options, what are folks doing for switch failure protection with TP-Link? All my hosts have multiple NIC ports which I've always teamed via LACP to the stack. Something like a SET Team in Windows to multiple switches might work, but then would have less bandwidth...

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 331

Replies: 0