Setup tp link SG3210 V3 vlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 17:06:53 - last edited 2021-05-06 17:09:59
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0

Hi,

I just purchased a SG3210 switch for my home networking. I have the following setup. I have played around a lot with switch , but i cant figure out how to accomplish this.

Solid line is Ethernet cable with internet access.

Dotted line is Ethernet cable with no internet access

Double sided arrow communication between them.

Essentially ,

Group1: 

PC1 and PC2 are part of  one group(vlan) and can communicate with themselves but not with other pcs. Also in this group only pc1 has internet access but not pc2.

Group2: 

Similarly PC3 and PC4 are part of  one group(vlan) and can communicate with themselves but not with other pcs. These both have internet access.

Any help is appreciated. I am very sorry for a very basic question. I am novice when it comes to networking.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup tp link SG3210 V3 vlan
2021-05-11 07:37:34

@chetan29 

If you want to block one of PC do not use internet, set this on your Router will be way much easier than set it on Switch. Just add this PC2 to deny list/block list/black list, and this PC can't access internet anymore.

If you insist on configuring it on Switch, you will need to add multiple ACL rules to:

1. Block PC2 from access any IP destinations.

2. Allow PC2 to visit the PC1 or any devices on the same VLAN.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 1

Related Articles