can CPE210 provide WiFi network at client end without using ethernet & Router? Repeater mode or?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

can CPE210 provide WiFi network at client end without using ethernet & Router? Repeater mode or?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-14 16:52:54 - last edited 2021-05-14 17:03:59
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

can CPE210 provide WiFi network at client end without using ethernet cable & separate Router?

Is this the “Repeater” mode, or is there a mode where I can assign another SSID for the client

Which mode for each CPE210 in diagram?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:can CPE210 provide WiFi network at client end without using ethernet & Router? Repeater mode or?
2021-05-17 03:55:33

@Rossosaurus 

Do you have two of CPE210?

I'll recommend you to connect another AP to the 2nd CPE210 to broadcast Wi-Fi, instead of using the CPE to broadcasting Wi-Fi.

CPE do has repeater mode, but we do not use it in most of the time, CPE has directional antenna 65° (H-Plane) / 40° (E-Plane), the signal is strong in the front.

Here is an instruction from TP-Link if you insist to use like this:

How to install CPE210 to extend Wi-Fi with Repeater mode?:  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2986/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 891

Replies: 1