Problem sharing internet through two CPE510's (AP-CLIENT)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-15 12:28:31
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.1

Hello all!

I have trying to share internet connection between two buildings using two CPE510 devices. First CPE510 is AP and connected to my internet router's LAN-port. Second CPE510 is in a different building and is configured as a CLIENT.

I face problems when I try to connect to CLIENT CPE's LAN-port through any kind of switch. I can't even connect to the CLIENT's IP address through a switch. If I connect my laptop directly to CLIENT's LAN-port, then I have full access to CPE and internet through it. So what am I doing wrong? From the manuals (and pictures related to manuals) I have understood that it is possible to have LAN with multiple devices connected through AP - CLIENT -setup. But is it so or is this only point-to-point connection for one device?

So to clarify:

What I'm trying to do:

Internet/router --> CPE510 AP --> CPE510  CLIENT --> small LAN-extension with few devices (LAN/WLAN). DHCP server in the internet/router-device

My results so far:

setup 1: Internet/router --> CPE510 AP --> CPE510  CLIENT --> LAPTOP (directly to CPE's LAN port) => Works very well. Connection to internet is fast and stable.

setup 2: Internet/router --> CPE510 AP --> CPE510  CLIENT --> TP Link archer C50 connected to CPE's LAN port. Acher in Access point mode --> LAPTOP  => No connection at all. Can't even connect to CLIENT CPE.

setup 3: Internet/router --> CPE510 AP --> CPE510  CLIENT --> unmanaged switch --> LAPTOP  => No connection at all. Laptop can't even connect to CLIENT CPE through switch (tried this with a fixed ip also).

I'm thankful about any advices, since I'm not really networking expert :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem sharing internet through two CPE510's (AP-CLIENT)
2021-05-17 05:47:51

@Tepeksi 

Interesting,

in setup 1: Internet/router --> CPE510 AP --> CPE510  CLIENT --> LAPTOP (directly to CPE's LAN port) => Works very well. Connection to internet is fast and stable.

What IP address you can get on your Laptop? What IP address you have set on CPE AP and Client?

in setup 3: Internet/router --> CPE510 AP --> CPE510  CLIENT --> unmanaged switch --> LAPTOP  => No connection at all. Laptop can't even connect to CLIENT CPE through switch (tried this with a fixed ip also).

Unmanaged Switch should work as a cable and pass through all data. What is this fixed IP you have tried? Can you ping the gateway successfully?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 726

Replies: 1