T2600G-18TS best way to allow only one device on the port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-16 08:51:50
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I connected an external (outdoor) AP on a port of my switch, an (TP-Link EAP225-Outdoor). I am worried that someone could use that outdoor cable to connect to my network.

What would be the best solution to prevent on the switch that no other device than EAP225-Outdoor AP can establish the communication using that cable/port? I was looking into the port security but that seems it is not intended for such a thing.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:T2600G-18TS best way to allow only one device on the port
2021-05-18 00:48:01

@MMajcica 

Well, you can try to set this.

1. Make the EAP's port can only learn one MAC(EAP's MAC), Learn Address Mode to permanent, Status set to drop. (You can click the "?" mark in the upper right corner and see detailed explanations)

In my opinion, when this setting is functioning, any new devices connect to this port to replace EAP will not able to get an IP address.

2. You may do a test with two PCs and see whether this change can do what you want or not. Learn PC1's MAC, and change the settings, then replace PC1 with PC2, PC2 should not able to get an IP.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 1