Extending a CPE210 Bridge by adding a 3rd Client.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-26 13:30:51
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Simple question and i'm pretty sure it can be achieved but would like to sense check it with the community.

I have a CPE210 bridge across a farm which provides wireless internet to an outbuilding through an EAP110 connected to the client end of the bridge. My customer has now asked if its possible to add another building onto the link as they need internet connectivity there too. The simplest thing to do would be to add a 3rd CPE210 from the new building pointing back to the AP end of the existing bridge and lock it in.

What makes this a little bit more complicated is the 3rd building is at a right angle to the existing bridge so my plan is to turn the AP round by 45 degrees so that it in effect points to a direction directly between the outbuildings and then hook up the third unit. I've read somewhere the spread of the beam on these units is 60 degrees so it should be wide enough to capture both client AP's. Distance involved around 100m in both directions.

Does anyone see any major holes in what i would like to do??. Thanks for your help/comments

Joe.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Extending a CPE210 Bridge by adding a 3rd Client.
2021-05-27 03:10:47

@Ninja365 

Hi there, is your current network working as CPE1)))((CPE2--EAP? After that what you want to do is as follow: CPE1))((CPE2--EAP))((CPE 3?

It has no issue if you want to set up like that.

By the way, if the CPE3 also in the Wi-Fi range of CPE1, you can also connect the CPE3 with CPE1 as a bridge. Cause the CPE also support "point to multi-point"

Options
Re:Extending a CPE210 Bridge by adding a 3rd Client.
2021-05-27 06:36:20

@John1234 

Thanks for your response, i want to add CPE3 and connect it directly to CPE1 in a multi point set up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 2