Setting up new CPE210 PtP No Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-10 01:16:45
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So new setup doing PtP, I followed all the videos. On the Client end, I can log in to both the client and the AP using the IP address,  However I am not able to connect to the internet.  I'm guessing it's something simple, What am I missing.   

The one thing I am unsure of is, the laptop I used for setup. I changed the IPV4 IP address as instructed but I can't find where I wrote down what I changed it from. (does this matter)?

Also once it's working, my thought was to use my current Zytel router.  I am assuming that is fine and I would just unplug the 2 DSL lines and plug the client into the blue WAN port?

Thanks

Brac

Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting up new CPE210 PtP No Internet
2021-06-10 08:10:55

@Brac 

Hey, is your connection working as: router--CPE AP))(( CPE Client--PC? If so, try to connect devices to AP's WiFi name and make sure you can get internet connectivity.

After that, you can check if the PC obtains an IP address automatically. Technical Support has the instruction. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/14/

I think your PC will get internet right away after you change the IP setting. If still have no internet, how about this instruction? https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2575/

For the Zytel router, you can connect the Client CPE into WAN/LAN port on it.

Options
2021-06-11 18:45:06

@Brac  Went through all the instructions with nothing fixing the issue so I started over checking everything. I found I had put a CAT5 end on wrong and changed that. That got it kinda working, I had connection to both AP and C and it showed internet, though I was only getting 87-95 Kbps. I found a page that was to trouble lack of speed and started folloing those step and it went out on me. Now I can only log into the C.  

Wondering if there is anything to try? 

Options
2021-06-11 21:01:09

@Brac   After much back and forth, I now have active high speed out of the Client.  My thought was to connect the Client to the WAN line of my router and just disconnect the dsl lines but that doesn't seem to work.

Any idea how to do that, or do I need a different piece of hardware?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 3

Related Articles