CPE510 ap mode and client mode not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-22 10:40:52 - last edited 2021-06-25 01:03:49
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I have set up the access point successfully. The wireless network via AP is broadcast and works when I connect to it. However, when I go to set up the other CPE510 in client mode and look to search for the network that I have set up through the AP, it is unable to find it. I followed the directions that TP link provided on youtube but no matter how often I scan for the AP, it never comes up. What am I doing wrong? I am sure it is a simple mistake but I cant seem to figure out why it wont show up for client mode. 

To give background, I am setting up an AP to send the single to my seahouse about 800 meters away. And i am using another CPE510 to receive the signal. The CPE510 that is on the receiving at at the Seahouse will then be connected to a wireless router to broadcast the wif signal in the house. 

I set it up before and it worked beautifully however the CPE510 connected to my main house, crapped out on me so I needed to buy a new one. Hope someone can help. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:CPE510 ap mode and client mode not working
2021-06-30 08:13:13

@Pattielee 

Make sure they are under each other's coverage, change the AP's channel and test again

You can refer to this one, issue might caused by DFS channel.

Why are my devices not detecting the SSID of CPE/WBS in AP mode?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-06-30 13:03:58

@Virgo 

thank you for the advice! how do i know if they are under the same coverage? I just put everything on auto. Im kind of dumb so you might need to make it really simple for me. I so appreciate your help!!!

Options
2021-07-01 03:29:11

@Pattielee 

Hi, here is another Guide, just make sure the signal strength is good.
How to adjust orientation of outdoor AP for better signal coverage?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-07-04 19:49:51
HI! Thank you again. when I set it up its says signal is weak. is that bad_
Options
2021-07-20 16:59:04

@Pattielee set both your CPEs on the same channel/frequency and band let's say 5220MHz & 40MHz and throttle up Tx Power, save changes and try again.

Options