Help with "Failed to Get Data" and inability to Survey, initial config CPE710 PTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help with "Failed to Get Data" and inability to Survey, initial config CPE710 PTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-24 23:55:28

Just finished hardware install of a pair of CPE710's, about 150m apart.  I managed to get through Access Point config, although I saw numerous "Failed to Get Data" popups that I just clicked through.  When I went to configure the client via Quick Setup, I am unable to get any results with Survey, only another "Failed to Get Data".  On my cellphone, I easily see and can connect to the Access Point.  But I'm stuck with the CPE710 client setup, which seems dependent on the AP showing up in the Survey.  Any help greatly appreciated. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help with "Failed to Get Data" and inability to Survey, initial config CPE710 PTP
2021-06-25 01:43:12

@barry_g 

Well, here is my opinion.

I think the connection between PC and CPE is unstable, so it pops out "Failed to Get Data" a lot.

Try to reset the CPE, change the cable, test with different web browsers or PCs.

Adjust the direction of the Client, make sure it can receive signal from AP.

Upgrade the firmware, swap the AP and Client, etc.

By the way, remember to change the IP of Client, make AP and Client have different IPs.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Help with "Failed to Get Data" and inability to Survey, initial config CPE710 PTP
2021-06-25 03:02:33 - last edited 2021-06-25 03:59:43

Thanks for all the good suggestions.   My connected laptop can ping the CPE701 continually with <1msec access time.    I tried updating firmware and it wouldn't upload.  Kept giving me "Failed to Get Data."

I will endeavor tomorrow to verify all the connections with a cable tester.

Options
2021-06-25 16:00:20

I sorted out the issue by removing anti-virus and firewall.  It works like a charm now! 

Can anybody tell me if 64dB SNR is okay, good, or excellent?  Trying to figure out if I need to bother with fiddling the dish pointing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2558

Replies: 3

Related Articles