Gear/set up suggestions - wireless bridge to small campsite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-26 10:24:15

Hi folks - I'll try to keep this concise. I'm essentially looking for a shopping list and hoping to save a bit of cash compared to the Ubiquiti set up I've identified.

We have a house which is about to have a fibre connection installed (900mbps available). Across the road from the house is a small campsite which extends to no more than 150m from the house and East of campsite, perhaps 75m from the house, are two cabins.

We'd like to have a wireless bridge to the campsite (mainly because we can't dig up the road during the camping season). There is power on the campsite appx 50m from the house and both cabins also have power. It's unlikely that more than 30 people would ever be connected at once.

Wishlist:

3 individual networks (ssids?) 

upstream security of the house network

ability to restrict bandwidth Mbps per user or device

ability to manage the network from one relatively user friendly interface

I would consider beaming signal to one cabin (then switching to 3 access points from there) or beaming to two locations, campsite and cabins separately - it all boils down to the mix of pragmatism, ease of set up and cost.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

Options
1 Reply
Re:Gear/set up suggestions - wireless bridge to small campsite
2021-06-30 05:53:28

@StuartMacLeod 

This article will give you some inspiration.

TP-Link USA Outdoor Solution Guide

Usually we use CPE or EAP in outdoor environment, but which solution you prefer is up to you.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 1