Isolating Management (log in ) Access to TL-SG105 V6 to LAN instead of IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Isolating Management (log in ) Access to TL-SG105 V6 to LAN instead of IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-08 09:42:07
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I would like to know whether there is any way of isolating access to management console (log in page) on TL-SG105E? I would prefer using LAN wired access instead using ip address. 

I have two switches (both TL-SG105E);  switch 1 is connected to my router TL-R600VPN and switch 2 is connected to switch 1. I have a few separate APs with different SSIDs connected to both switches. Both switches have enabled VLANs (however, the ports connecting both switches are not on VLAN). 

I am unable to access log in pages to switches through network connected to switch 1 (the switch connected to the router).  Please note that I have set up a firewall rule that IP of the router cannot be accessed from outside.

However, I can access log in page of both switches on the network where switch 2 is connected to switch 1. In my case this is a security issue as my guest network is coming from AP connected to Switch 2. 

Can you please advise?

Thank you.

Joe 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Isolating Management (log in ) Access to TL-SG105 V6 to LAN instead of IP Address
2021-07-09 10:53:30
I think you can set the IP addresses of both switches to a different subnet. i.e. router's LAN IP is 192.168.0.1, you can change the switch's IP to 192.168.2.1 or something else. Thus, the wireless clients and two switches will be under different subnets, so they won't access each other. And changing the switch's IP won't affect internet connection.
Options
Re:Isolating Management (log in ) Access to TL-SG105 V6 to LAN instead of IP Address
2021-07-09 11:28:45

Hi @Somnus, thank you for replying. I will try that and see whether this will work. Joe   

Options
2021-07-09 12:49:51

Hi @Somnus, I have followed your recommendation, and it solved the issue. Thank you so much for your help! smiley  Joe 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 617

Replies: 4

Related Articles