Router doesn't work through CPE 510's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-23 03:30:48 - last edited 2021-07-26 02:06:30
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm having issues with my CPE510's. Basically the cable comes into a building on the edge of my property and thats where the modem is. My house is about 1000ft down the hill from there. I set them up about 2 months ago with the modem side in AP mode and the house side in client mode and its worked flawlessly until I all the sudden lost internet last night. Ive been playing the the setup on both ends and Ive got my desktop in my house to get internet and can login to the CPE's no problems but when I try to hook up my router to the CPE in my house to have wifi there's no internet across wifi and no internet on my desktop thats plugged into the LAN port of the router. Im currently in AP Router mode on the modem side and client mode at my house. What mode should I be running the CPE's? When I have it hooked up through the router the windows diagnostics say something about being unable to retrieve an ip. I've messed with this for 5 or 6 hours now and I'm out of ideas. My router is a tp-link TL-WR841N. Ive also tried with a older linksys router WRT54G and have the exact same problem. I also verified there was internet access at the modem after it went out so its not something on my ISP's side. Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router doesn't work through CPE 510's
2021-07-26 19:14:48

@wyattrew99 The sender is the Access Point and the recepient is the client, so the modes are ok. Check if Maxstream is enabled in any of your 510s. If it is enabled in only one of your APs,  then you'll have a connection problem. It's good you enable it in both of them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 1