Omada Software Doesnt See Switches or EAPs, IP and Ping is Fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-26 11:44:08 - last edited 2021-07-26 11:52:00

As the title states, I am trying to deploy a mesh network at my marina.  3x EAP 225 outdoor and a SG2008P switch.  Trying to run a software based controller, the router sees the switch and the root EAP (and I can ping and log into both via that same IP, no masking) however the discovery utility and the software controller do not see anything.

All firmware is updated to the latest, and all have been factory reset after update.  Controller software is 4.4.3.

Any thoughts?  I have checked EVERYTHING in the FAQs about port forwarding, allowing JRE through firewall etc.

I have also purchased the hardware controller to see if that helps but for the life of me I do not understand the problem.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada Software Doesnt See Switches or EAPs, IP and Ping is Fine
2021-07-26 12:06:50
I will add, this has been added to Comcast Business, so there is a router/switch/gateway before the jetstream switch, however based on the fact that I can see the IPs and log into the devices just fine, my network topology is fine. The switch and EAP even come up by name (EAP225Outdoor and SG2008P) in the DHCP table. My controller is directly connected to the jetstream switch, similar results when connected to the Comcast gateway.
Options
2021-07-27 08:02:02

@Kuli_VT 

It seems that the issue is related to "Allow Java to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall"?

The instruction tells us some basic possible ways to check and troubleshoot, it seems that all the steps have been checking except for the Java.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2980/

If you use another PC installing with the same controller software, can the controller detect the devices?

By the way, to set up the mesh of EAP on a controller, the hardware controller OC200 is necessary.

Options
2021-07-27 09:07:26

@Kuli_VT Very interesting

Options
2021-07-27 11:10:10

The OC200 will be here today, although I cant find anywhere that states a hardware controller is necessary to run the mesh.

The one thing I didnt try was a different host to run the controller software but completely disabling ALL firewalls, using static IPs for all h/w and putting the host computer as a DMZ did nothing.

Comcast has assured me that those ports are not blocked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1534

Replies: 4

Related Articles