Which better setup Router Mode or AP-Client Setup?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-03 14:27:30
Model: CPE610  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I dont have issues on connectivity, both setup

Question:

1. Which is much better setup, Connection 1 or Connection 2

2. I love the Router Mode, coz i can control the bandwidth, which is preferable, on the Station AP Router Mode only or Client AP Router Mode only? or Both?

3. Will, in the future, i have problem when i get more clients with this current setup?

BTW, i took me 2 weeks to access the GUI of Client 2, all u need is go to management>Web Serve>Remote Login>change to 255.255.255.255, to access PC. then enter on your browser the WAN IP. FYI

Options
2 Reply
Re:Which better setup Router Mode or AP-Client Setup?
2021-08-04 05:49:41

@akikoy 

A1: Connection #1 is the traditional setup from their guide. Setup 

A2: AP router is like wireless router mode. Router mode is putting up a firewall. Meaning, you are gonna isolate the clients on the Client02. All the connected devices will not communicate with the LAN 192.168.1.1/24.

A3: Maybe. The difference between the Router and AP mode mainly lies in the DHCP. I am not sure if Router mode on CPE would cause more CPU burden or not. AP mode does not do anything. This mode just focuses on the relay the IPs from the DHCP server.

Hmm. I think you can set a static IP for it. Reserve one of the 1.1/24 IPs for this WAN. Connection type static. Will this allow you to access it? My thought on this.

Options
Re:Which better setup Router Mode or AP-Client Setup?
2021-08-04 09:15:32

@Yannie that's why i use router mode on client so less cpu usage on the station..... Thanks for the info. 

Yeah my wan is static.... I can access it... Just change the web server remote ip to 255.255.255.255 on the client router mode device

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 983

Replies: 2