Unable to resolve conflict between router and T1700G-28TQ

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-11 14:04:03
Model: T1700G-28TQ  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have been fighting with config settings for weeks now and could really use some help.  I bought the T1700G-28TQ so I could learn from and it offered the ports I needed, but It seems to be causing conflict with the network.

Landlord has a Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Router which I have no admin access to.  Gateway 192.168.1.1

When I got the switch I couldn't access it at all without configuring my computers ipv4 settings and setting a static IP for my machine, easy enough.

In order to get the switch to play with the router I configured L3 Features->Interface-> VLAN1 edit IPv4-> IP Address Static 192.168.1.169 I picked random number, just figured it would be out of the DHCP assignment range and I have about 10-15 devices so it left a little overhead. 

When I first plug the router and switch together they seem to work just fine, but after a few hours everything on the switch looses internet, or has intermittent connection.  It also prevents large file transfers through the router for the rest of the network.

I have 4 machines with static IP, and I have verified that none of them are in conflict with the rest of the network.  But the problem really seems like address conflicting.

It's probably something simple, I haven't started studying for networking yet.  Thank you in advanced.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to resolve conflict between router and T1700G-28TQ
2021-08-13 07:49:36

@SupremeGunman 

You can set all static IP addresses out of the DHCP range, thus you can completely avoid IP conflict. This should not affect your internet connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 1