IP address configuration for TL-SG108e

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-16 08:55:40 - last edited 2021-08-16 12:26:58
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone!

I currently have a TL-SG108e which has 2 Large Format Printers, 1 Cutter Plotter, Wifi Router, and a Computer connected to it. The printers and cutter require to be at the ip address range with the computer (sorry, i'm not sure if the term ip range is correct haha). Hence, my computer's IPv4 settings has a custom ip address.

The problem that I am experiencing is, there are some sites (ERR_REFUSED) and apps (viber, etc.) doesn't work if my IPv4 settings is not set to "Obtain an IP address automatically". Is there a work around for the non working sites and apps to work even if I do not have the "Obtain and IP address automatically" option selected?

Please do note that I did not do any setup thru TP-Link's Unmanaged Pro Configuration Utility.

Hoping someone could help. Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP address configuration for TL-SG108e
2021-08-17 05:58:24 - last edited 2021-08-17 05:59:38

@ernesttortuga 

Normally when you visit the websites and apps, it is the WAN IP address of the router that can be seen on the internet, not the IPv4 address of the laptop itself. So I don't think your issue is caused by IPv4 settings. I guess maybe the issue is on DNS. You can try to change the DNS on your computer to 8.8.8.8.

Besides, if the static IP is a must, you can set the static IP of your computer to the same subnet as the router. And make sure you didn't set URL filtering to limit your computer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 1

Related Articles