Web management page access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-18 05:47:10
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 20191218-rel.49932

I periodically lose web management page access to my TL-SG1016PE switch.
I can follow the diagnostic flowchart https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/2219/ but of course when I reset the switch, all PoE devices get powercycled.  Not an optimum result.
Ping fails as well.  Tried from several machines on the network.

Easy Smart Configuration Utility can't find the switch either.
How can this be fixed?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Web management page access
2021-08-19 06:50:19
The default IP of the switch is 192.168.0.1. Check if there is any IP conflict in your network. And when you failed to access the switch, can you still access internet? Is there any change in your network environment?
Options
2021-08-19 11:53:49

@Somnus 

The switch has it's own IP to suit the network.  There is no conflict.

All devices using the switch do not lose LAN connectivity.  Data throughput is fine.  Only management access via browser or config utility is affected.

Interestingly pressing the reset switch has no effect, no matter how long it's held in.  No LED's flash to indicate reset.

A power-cycle brings everything back to normal.

Options
2021-08-21 03:41:58
Seems the inner software is down periodically. How often does the issue happen? Is there any advanced configuration on the switch?
Options
2021-08-21 03:42:00
Seems the inner software is down periodically. How often does the issue happen? Is there any advanced configuration on the switch?
Options
2021-08-22 00:32:16

Somnus wrote

Exactly.  But what is the cause?

Not sure how often issue appears.  Only had the switch 5 months.  So far, only twice as I rarely need to access management.  Just a hassle that when I need access, it's not always available.

Nothing advanced.  Only PoE on 4 ports.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 5

Related Articles