TP-WA7210N v2.1 - can’t access the admin page after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-23 11:46:43 - last edited 2021-08-26 07:06:27
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I updated to the latest software and now I can’t access the admin page anymore. Before I could access the home page on IP 192.168.1.254, I’m sure I used the correct firmware and it finished the update saying it was successful but I can’t login to change any settings. I also tried other IPs such as 192.168.0.254 but still no luck. I reset the device using the reset button with a paper clip and the device works and it connects to the internet but there is no password, anyone can connect to the device.

Is there anyway to flash the device again without using the admin page (I can’t access it)? Can I downgrade the firmware?

Are there any other IP addresses I should try to access the admin page?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-WA7210N v2.1 - can’t access the admin page after firmware update
2021-08-30 15:51:53

@Topkat You have to set your computer ip to static, lets say 192.168.0.50 and then try to see if you can see web intreface, if not reset it again, let it boot up and look at the leds because when I had this acces point, sometimes he rebooted twice after firmware update but I dont know why, and yes you can downgrade to whatever firmware you want but the older ones are buggy.

Options
Re:TP-WA7210N v2.1 - can’t access the admin page after firmware update
2021-09-01 12:01:09
Thanks for your reply. I had to connect the Ethernet cable then set an IP address for the Ethernet connection and then it started to work. Before I could just use the web interface. This device is not plug and play at all. I bought a new device in the end because the device is no longer secure. I was hoping an update would increase security but I was wrong. :-( Capitalism for you, they want use to buy new devices rather than update our existing ones…
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 689

Replies: 2