Managed Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Managed Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Managed Switch
Managed Switch
2021-08-30 22:26:49

Hi all,

I would like a managed switches for home use with 8 or less ports and with giga speed.

Any recomendation?

Basically I would something managed because I would be interested in watching the traffic that is flowing on my network and also to be able to block some ports and this sort of things.

Thanks in advance,

Options
3 Reply
Re:Managed Switch
2021-08-31 03:19:14

@MrWhity 

Hey,

I think you can go to TP-Link official website--->Business-->Switches part, enter your filters and select a proper switch. According to your conditions, I found these two switches:

But easy smart switches and smart switches also have web management interface, and seems most of them have traffic monitor or port mirroring feature that may achieve your purpose.

Hope it helps.

Options
2021-08-31 08:07:40

Hi @Somnus,

So in this case what's the difference between a managed switch and a smart switch?

Meantime, I've watched these ones, but I'm not catching the differences between them apart of PoE:

1. TL-SG108E
  2. TL-SG108PE (PoE)
  3. TL-SG2008
  4. TL-SG2210P (PoE)

Thanks in advance

Options
2021-09-02 08:05:58

@MrWhity 

Simply to say, managed switches support more advanced L2/L2+/L3 features. I think you don't need those complicating features.

As for the difference between TL-SG108E and TL-SG108PE and the other pair, I think POE support is the only difference. Maybe prices are also different?

Options