Having issues because controller overrides router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-08 12:50:34

I have the Omada system.  Router, switches, controllers, and EAPs.

I have several issues that I hope some residential Omada expert can help me with.

My first issue is with a program called Blue Iris which is a program for surveillance cameras.  I need to set it up to work with the Blue Iris program so that I can do remote access.  The problem arises when it looks at my router.  Since the controller now basically runs my router, it can't get in to check any port forwarding or anything like that, because let's say my router is 1.1, that is what Blue Iris sees, but it can't access it, because as you know, when you try to log into the router now, it says it is controlled by the OC200.  Is anyone familiar with Blue Iris? 

The other problem is with OpenVPN.  I create a policy just like the tutorials say.  I have tried OpenVPN connect, and the regular OpenVPN GUI.  After a minute of trying to connect, it fails.  It times out.  Nothing I've done seems to work to connect.

I don't want to do this, but I've had to enable DMZ to make anything work right now, and really don't want to do this.  I just need some advice on what is needed to be done to fix both problems.

Thanks so much.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Having issues because controller overrides router?
2021-09-08 21:20:26 - last edited 2021-09-08 21:21:35

One of the help pages listed this. If your Blue Iris PC is not connected directly to the modem via a simple switch (hub), there may be multiple routers to configure, and these require configuration in series. That is, the router that “sees” the Internet must be configured to send traffic to the next router in sequence, which finally connects to the Blue Iris PC.

For example: Internet —> Router 1 —> Router 2 —> Blue Iris PC 66.22.11.11 —> 192.168.0.1 —> 192.168.0.2 —> 192.168.1.6 (and 192.168.1.1) Router 1 may have a LAN address of 192.168.0.1. Router 2 is a “client” of router 1, and may have a LAN address of 192.168.0.2 for example.

In this example, port forwarding is completed on router 1 to send port 81 traffic to 192.168.0.2. The Blue Iris PC is a client on router 2 with a LAN address of (for example) 192.168.1.6. Router 2 would be configured to forward traffic on port 81 to 192.168.1.6.

This is sometimes called multiple NAT (network address translation), because each router uses a different address set (notice the .1. instead of .0. in the addresses that each router handles). Is this possibly the issue?

???

Options
Re:Having issues because controller overrides router?
2021-09-13 01:01:10
Problem solved.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 2

Related Articles