CPE510 mounting pole inclination / angle

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-15 11:45:02 - last edited 2021-09-15 13:51:55
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.3 Build 20201028 Rel. 55220 (4555)

Hi,

I was having some problems with two CPE510 (AP + Client) having some connectivity stability problems, they were disconnecting from time to time. I changed a lot of parameters and took me some time to figure out that the problem could be related to the inclination as the two sites are in different height (separation 200 meters, different of height about 10m or so).

So what I have done is try to modify the inclination at least on the AP putting some piece of wood between the CPE and the pole:

The thing is that as you can see this doesn't seem so professional and it could probably fall out at any moment but I'm trying to find some special piece to adjust the inclination on the pole but I'm unable to find anything.

I have checked and it seems that Ubiquiti has a wall mount which supports tilt:

But this doesn't work for my case as the tilt will only work if the CPE should point directly to the front of the wall, this is not my case. I would need something like that dish antennas have, that let you select the direction and also the tilt but it should be something that could be hooked to the CPE somehow.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks..

Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE510 mounting pole inclination / angle
2021-09-16 05:46:46

@Jordi_Ramis As far as I know, tplink doesn't sell brackets or anything like that. I bookmarked a FAQ before, I don't know if this helps you.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1044/

Options
2021-09-16 06:10:29 - last edited 2021-09-16 09:53:51

@Yannie Thanks for your reply, I have ended up buying this:

It's not the ideal solution of course as at the end you have two poles, the main pole to set the direction and then this second one for the tilt but this is the only thing I have been able to find, can't believe this is so hard to find.

Thanks for your help!

Options
2021-09-16 07:31:35

@Jordi_Ramis I think this is something they should take into account. Each customer’s usage scenario is different, and each customer’s house structure is different, so I think they should produce different types of brackets to meet the needs of more consumers. Maybe you can feed back to tplink lol.

Options
2021-09-16 09:55:00
Thanks for the advice!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1355

Replies: 4

Related Articles