FW bugs, notes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

FW bugs, notes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
FW bugs, notes
FW bugs, notes
2013-04-12 04:05:15
Region : CzechRepublic

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 120821

ISP :

I've just brought a TL-WA5210G and have installed the newest 120821 firware and would like to point to some bugs, notes (FF 17 used)
- unable to change the wireless region - it's not a dropdown box, just a text (in FW 111209 it works correctly)
- Signal LED Thresholds only works when the device is connected to the AP (so if the SSID is correct but WPA credentials are not then the LED shows the signal only for a short moment)
- Status - Wireless Radio: shows "client" although the Operation Mode is set to AP
- missing any log info regarding unsuccessfull authentication to AP
- confusing settings of Operation Mode and Wireless - Wireless Mode - I'd prefer to gray out useless settings
- DST should has more specific settings (maybe auto mode) - i.e. week/month, day of month etc.
- unzipped FW file has a strange name with some special character - wa5210gv1-en-upúĘ120821úę.bin
- DHCP settings help says that "When the device is working on Dynamic IP mode, the DHCP Server function will be disabled. " It's not true - dhcp server works althought the device is configured with dynamic IP wan address

I'll install this device in real traffic in 2 days so maybe I'll provide more comments :-)
Options
1 Reply
Re:FW bugs, notes
2013-04-12 15:35:38
It will be better to send those valuable feedback to support@tp-link.com
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 1