AP's not working any mode(AP,Repeter,Client,Brige)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-17 20:36:43
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 120821

ISP : PTCL

I’m Using 2 tp link devices 5210 with24db external Antennas to access PTCL-DSL internet which is nearly 7 km from my home.my configuration was client to AP Mod which shows signal strength 30db. At initial the speed was good and it is great experience to use them but after 6 month they become a constant headache. Problem start when “at start it show no internet excess, then I restore the default factory seating and configured one as client and other as Ap MOD. Now when I use survey application of TP Link device it shows AP with 16 db signal but when I connect it and save it show no signal in Antenna alignment application as well the device with client mod shows AP- Down in wireless static while the other device shows STAT-AUTH.
Plz help me.
Muhammad Rizwan Akram
Options
2 Reply
Re:AP's not working any mode(AP,Repeter,Client,Brige)
2013-07-18 05:04:05
99% of this issue its your lan cable or one or the two POEs, i suggest you try your 5210s in another environment, like your office or home with different and shorter cables and see results,
if it works, change your cable or cables.
if not.
time to get your RMA (warranty) POEs are not for sale
Options
Re:AP's not working any mode(AP,Repeter,Client,Brige)
2013-07-18 08:27:42
Thanks for your kind reply.
I try to use it in different environment with only3 feet LAN and POEs cable. Devices do not connected when distance is long but when there is only 200 meter distance they start work without external antenna. When at long distance approximately 7 km with external antenna in Bridge point to point (AP) MOD the devices connected but do not send data. Signal strength shows 16-17db.In wireless static application shows status of both AP as up, but still no data transfer i.e. limited access.
Regards
M.Rizwan Akram
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 2