CPE710 - FEED MODE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE710 - FEED MODE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE710 - FEED MODE
CPE710 - FEED MODE
2021-09-30 01:28:53
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 Build 20200304 Rel. 70345 (0000)

Dear TPLink Support,

In feed only mode, what would be the Antenna Beamwidth(according to the manual, in normal mode the Antenna Beamwidth is 9° (Azimuth)/7° (Elevation)), but it didn't mention the Beamwidth for feed only mode.

Also, in feed only mode, what would be the radius/distance it can cover?  Can it cover more than 50ft?

Would the signal capable of penetrate a single layer of concrete wall to reach the indoor which is 50ft away?

Please advice, thank you. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE710 - FEED MODE
2021-10-03 16:50:51

@Giggs11

Assuming the feed is very close to the concrete and the receiver is equally close on the other side I do not think you will have any problem.  However, literally every piece of concrete is different.  The thickness of "one layer" is a variable along with the type and amount of aggregate and probably most important is if it contains reinforcement.  The reinforcement can act like a Faraday cage.

In a pinch, I have used only the feed, without the reflector, to connect to another CPE710.  The observed speeds were understandably slower, but still quite useable for a very temporary time period.  The two CPE710s were only about 450 feet apart, both set on maximum transmit power.  The other CPE710 had it's reflector installed and was pointed in approximately the right direction.

Sorry, I don't have the equipment to measure the beamwidth with any precision, but expect it to be a lot wider.

Options
Re:CPE710 - FEED MODE
2021-10-04 07:37:43

@MainEnterprises 

Thank you for your response, I have decided to use EAP225-Outdoor instead of CPE710.  Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1000

Replies: 2

Related Articles