Looking for an assist on VLAN set up on 2 TP-Link switches.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-14 03:50:03 - last edited 2021-10-14 05:49:16

I have one tpl-link switch set up just fine with 802.1Q with VLAN1 and VLAN10. Everything untagged is assumed 1 (the primary dhcp subnet) and several ports tagged as VLAN 10 getting DHCP addresses from another scope I set up. After assigning the vlan tag to the devices I am getting the expected results where they check in correctly to the scope in the dhcp server and the correct address.

I have a second tp-link switch in another area of the building cabled back to the first switch and am looking to have the same vlan set up of 1 and 10. When I assign 10 to the devices they are unable to find the DHCP server.

I port mirrored and did a pcap but am not seeing any VLAN info when I search by the mac address of the test device.

Not having a strong networking background I am guessing the vlan config is not quite right.

Any tips appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Looking for an assist on VLAN set up on 2 TP-Link switches.
2021-10-15 05:59:37

@Mike789 Hey

what's the model number of your switch ?Is it possible that you didn't set the two ports that the switches are connected to each other as tagged ports?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 1