Question about downgrading down to V2 from V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-23 12:39:27
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.5 Build 20200304 Rel.57813(s)

Hello,

I have a problem. Today i wanted to configure a new switch that we bought and when i wanted to set Switchport mode access to some ports I could not do it. Turns out that TP Link deleted the option to change switchport mode trunk / access / general with Firmware version 3...

So my question is can i Downgrade my T2600G-52TS(TL-SG3452) with V3 hardware version to V2 firmware in order to gain the option to configure switchport mode? Or will it make the switch unbootable / unusable?

I really hope that i can do it otherwise that would be really unfortunate. I don't want to spend extra time learning new workarounds for this missing feature.

Thank you very much

J. Hořínek

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question about downgrading down to V2 from V3
2021-10-26 03:57:07

@CusBusAutobus 

FW upgrade each other between V2 and V3 is possible on this model of switch, but I see that the official website indicates that your current firmware version is not supported for downgrading.

This link: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/t2600g-52ts/v3/#Firmware

Note 3.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1

Related Articles