CPE 210 Setup: AP unreachable after setting IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-28 02:23:33 - last edited 2021-10-28 02:35:17
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to set up a pair of brand new CPE 201s to connect my house with an out building about 30 yards away. I want to change the IPs to be on the same subnet as my router: from 192.168.0.254 to 192.168.1.254. This worked fine on the Client. But the AP becomes unreachable as soon as I save the new network config. When I apply the new network config, a dialog box opens telilng me to log in to the new IP and save the configuraiton.

"The LAN IP address has been changed. Please log in with the new IP address and save the settings for the configuration change to take effect.
Otherwise the configuration will be lost after the reboot."

But I can't reach it at its new IP (192.168.1.254), and I can't reach it on the old IP either (192.168.0.254). Each tme I make sure that my PC is on the correct subnet before trying to connect.

Once the AP is unreachable, I seem to have no choice but to reset it. For some reason the reset button on the AP itself doesn't do anything (grr, brand new unit, too); fortunately, the reset on power adapter works. Then I go through the process again. I've repeated this several times, and I'm not getting anywhere.

What's the solution to this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE 210 Setup: AP unreachable after setting IP
2021-10-28 06:59:34

@buckthorn 

What IP address did the CPE Client change to?

Note the IP of the CPE AP should not conflict with the CPE Client. (need to be different from each other)

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-10-28 13:10:34 - last edited 2021-10-28 13:17:47

The CPE Client was changed from the default 192.168.0.254 to 192.168.1.253. I can see it, the router can see it it, and I can log into its web UI. The CPE AP just seems to go into the twilight zone when I (try to) change its IP. Is there some step I'm missing when I do this, or am I making a misstep? As soon as I apply the IP change, I get that message: "The LAN IP address has been changed. Please log in with the new IP address and save the settings for the configuration change to take effect. Otherwise the configuration will be lost after the reboot." So I open a new browser window, and can't reach the CPE AP.

I should also add that, if you do Quick Setup, but want to change the IP to a different subnet, don't you *have* to go to the network tab to add the gateway address? Or is the CPE smart enough to know that the gateway has changed. The docs say nothing about this.

Options
2021-10-29 02:37:06

@buckthorn 

Note the IP address is set for the CPE. If you want to access that IP, you need to make sure your PC is connected to the LAN port on the CPE's PoE adapter. Your PC is set with an IP in the same range as the CPE's IP.

The QS LAN IP settings, that one is the CPE's IP. If you forgot that, you may need a reset.

If you changed CPE IP to 192.168.1.254, your PC should set up with an IP 192.168.1.100, subnet 255.255.255.0, no gateway needed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 3