Ping loss Firewall Cluster

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-29 19:25:40
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

iam new here but i use TP-Link Produkts eternal.

I have the following setup:
2 firewalls in cluster mode (active / passive) and behind them the TL-SG3428MP

The problem: If firewall 1 (master) fails and firewall 2 (slave) takes over, I lose about 15-20 pings.

According to the manufacturer, a maximum of 1 ping should be lost, rather none

The only condition of the manufacturer: The switches and routers used support gratuitous ARP. If there is a master / backup change in the UTM cluster, the now active UTM sends gratuitous ARP packets to its environment to announce the new MAC address.
If the switches or routers do not support this function, they can only communicate via the active UTM with a delay.

I have already called the support and got the information that a TTL would have to be changed at Cisco. They didn't know anything about TP-Link products.

The TP-Link Support has changed the aging time with me. However, this has not led to either improvement or deterioration.

I'm pretty desperate and have tried different things. Does anyone still know a possible cause of the error?

Please excuse the bad English I used Google Translate. Many greetings

ostseehuepfer
(Baltic hippopotamus)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 0