TP link Tagged Management Vlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-02 11:33:08 - last edited 2021-11-03 01:50:27

Hello all, I have a TP-Link SG3452 L2+ and a Sophos UTM 220 in use. I would like to introduce a separate management vlan as is common. The plan is that all vlans including mgmt vlan on ETH3 of Sophos go to the switch. That is tagged traffic for to the switch. This in turn would mean in my understanding to configure a trunk port for the uplink on the switch. Also creating a vlan interface for the mgmt vlan on the switch, and giving it an IP from the mgmt network. Unfortunately, the Switch is then not reachable under this address and the Switch cannot reach the Omada Controller. A test has shown that it only works if management traffic from an untagged interface of the Sophos leads to an access port of the switch. Thus 2 ports would have to lead from the Sophos to the switch. One access port for the management untagged and one trunk for the remaining vlans. Does anyone have an idea if it is somehow possible to route all traffic including management through the trunk port and the switch is reachable and in addition further to the next switch to trunk the management vlan?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP link Tagged Management Vlan
2022-02-07 21:09:59

@livia48 

This actually should work as described. I have a similar setup working here with an SG3428X, so I guess, there might probably be a VLAN misconfiguration.

A first step could be to set the PVID of the trunk port between the switch and the UTM to the Mgmt VLAN and make it an untagged member. Don't forget to also reconfigure the UTM accordingly.

Kind regards

Martin

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 656

Replies: 1

Related Articles