Setting CPE210 as repeater on Mesh system (TP-Link deco)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-21 21:14:42 - last edited 2021-11-24 10:35:58

I purchased a CPE210 with the understanding that I could set it as either a repeater (or possibly a bridge). I am trying to use it to allow my mother-in-law who lives in a mobile home just next door to have internet (even limited). I have tried setting it up as repeater (no signal) and then as a bridge (no signal). I am able to get it to work with my cellphone hotspot with a signal . I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I use the one with the closest signal which is the main deco (I know it is the correct one as I unplugged the other decos connected just to be sure). I have tried using similar ip address (ie 192.168.1.2) I have used Youtube and set it up exactly as the videos suggested, it just doesn't seem to like the mesh network for some reason, which is weird since they are both TP-Link. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setting CPE210 as repeater on Mesh system (TP-Link deco)-Solution
2021-11-22 07:29:13 - last edited 2021-11-24 10:35:58

@autbrat 

I have asked their technical support before and the following is their explanation:

Actually, CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 60 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater/bridge mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe wifi angle.

You can refer this link to see cpe wifi angle:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1044/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting CPE210 as repeater on Mesh system (TP-Link deco)-Solution
2021-11-22 07:29:13 - last edited 2021-11-24 10:35:58

@autbrat 

I have asked their technical support before and the following is their explanation:

Actually, CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 60 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater/bridge mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe wifi angle.

You can refer this link to see cpe wifi angle:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1044/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Setting CPE210 as repeater on Mesh system (TP-Link deco)
2021-11-23 21:09:44

@Virgo Thank you for the information. I guess back to the drawing board. I guess I will just have to purchase a second one and use as P2P as designed. Based on other people's ratings using it as a repeater, I was optimistic to be able to just do that, but oh well. Thanks again. :-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 961

Replies: 2

Related Articles