SG105E - Cannot connect directly after factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 15:07:05 - last edited 2021-12-23 01:04:48
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I recently rebuilt my home network adding VLANs for various different devices. Unfortunately, after  doing a hard reset, both of my SG105Es cannot be reached with a direct cable connection to a mac. I get Host is not reachable when attempting to ping the address. Network activity light does flash so I know I've got a physical connection.

I've assigned a manual IP address as:

Router 192.168.0.1

DNS 192.168.0.1

So far I've tried:

A different Mac.

Several different Cat 6 cables.

Factory resetting both switches again.

Different IP addresses in the same subnet.

I'm not the best at networking but this should be a simple and straight forward procedure, so I know I must be missing something really obvious.

Any help would be much appreciated (especially by my wife and kids as I'm getting a little grumpy),

Cheers

D

Options
1 Reply
Re:SG105E - Cannot connect directly after factory reset
2021-12-23 08:50:59

Dear @Generic_D ,

Generic_D wrote

I recently rebuilt my home network adding VLANs for various different devices. Unfortunately, after  doing a hard reset, both of my SG105Es cannot be reached with a direct cable connection to a mac. I get Host is not reachable when attempting to ping the address. Network activity light does flash so I know I've got a physical connection.

To better assist you, just need to confirm some details.

1. Please make sure you see the light flashes on the switch during the reset.

2. Did you disconnect the switch to your router and only power it, and then set the static IP on the MAC which is connecting to the switch?

3. If so, and you use the MAC try to ping the switch's default IP address 192.168.0.1, and can not ping through, please tell me whether two switches all have this issue?

4. If so, you may try to use two PCs to connect one switch to finish the ping test: you need to set static IP on your PCs, one should be 192.168.0.10, and one should be 192.168.0.20. Ping from PC1 to PC2, or from PC2 to PC1. And check whether can ping through.

More details you can refer: What can I do if my PC is not working when it’s connected to Switch?

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1394

Replies: 1

Related Articles