CPE 210 Help please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE 210 Help please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE 210 Help please
CPE 210 Help please
2022-01-06 11:43:01
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20150907 Rel. 50509

Hi all.

I have a question regarding whether it is possible to perform this operation.

I have 2 CPE 210's one in ap mode on my neighbour’s house. (He is kindly sharing his internet connection with me)

The other is on my house and is in Client mode the link between the 2 devices works without issue so I’m happy with that.

However the CPE 210 AP on his house broadcasts its SSID so my neighbour has connected some WiFi ip cameras to the Wi-Fi on the CPE 210 is this okay ? 

as some times i lose my connection.

Any help would be appreciated

AP Is Device model CPE210 v1.1 Firmware version 1.3.2 Build 20150907 Rel. 50509

Client is Device Model CPE210 v2.0 Firmware version is 2.2.3 Build 20201110 Rel. 66916 (4555)

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE 210 Help please
2022-01-07 08:49:52

Dear @Orville1969 ,

Orville1969 wrote

I have a question regarding whether it is possible to perform this operation.I have 2 CPE 210's one in ap mode on my neighbour’s house. (He is kindly sharing his internet connection with me)The other is on my house and is in Client mode the link between the 2 devices works without issue so I’m happy with that.However the CPE 210 AP on his house broadcasts its SSID so my neighbour has connected some WiFi ip cameras to the Wi-Fi on the CPE 210 is this okay ? as some times i lose my connection.

This connection is fine, the AP CPE itself broadcasts WiFi, but when there are wireless devices connected to the AP, there will inevitably be some interference, so to get a more stable connection over long distances, it is recommended to turn the MAXtream function on.

Pharos MAXtream is a proprietary Wi-Fi protocol that is only compatible with TP-Link’s Pharos series products.
Other wireless devices will not be able to connect to a Pharos device with MAXtream enabled.
If the devices in the wireless network are all Pharos devices, it is recommended to enable MAXtream for better performance and stability.

Please disable the MAXtream function and try again. You can find the checkbox of MAXtream in Wireless -> Wireless AP Settings.

Maybe you will want an introduction about how the MAXtream feature works, this link can help you:
Pharos MAXtream introduction

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-07 08:58:01
Hi thanks for your suggested solution. So would you advise enabling Maxtream on the exsisting CPE 210and adding another CPE 210 for my neighbours house to provide WiFi access for his cameras?
Options
2022-01-10 05:40:02

Dear @Orville1969 ,

Orville1969 wrote

Hi thanks for your suggested solution. So would you advise enabling Maxtream on the exsisting CPE 210and adding another CPE 210 for my neighbours house to provide WiFi access for his cameras?

Yes, it is possible, it is a way to improve performance.
As for adding a CPE specifically for use as an access point to provide the WiFi to camera, actually maybe the EAP series products is better.

Because CPE is mainly used for long distance point-to-point transmission, but EAP is designed as access point.

More products please refer to this.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 3

Related Articles