Should i buy a core switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-09 12:15:16 - last edited 2022-01-09 12:16:31

Hello, in our hotel we have  6 x  TL-SG1024DE, the ISP router sends to 1 switch and this sends to the other 3 switches, our hotel consists of 25 rooms x 2 ethernet sockets per room total 50, plus 6 EAP access points to covers the hotel wifi.

I was thinking of purchasing a core switch to control the dhcp and to send to all switches and access points. Is this a good idea? What do you suggest models please.

Nick

Options
3 Reply
Re:Should i buy a core switch?
2022-01-10 08:26:17

Dear @Nek ,

Nek wrote

Hello, in our hotel we have  6 x  TL-SG1024DE, the ISP router sends to 1 switch and this sends to the other 3 switches, our hotel consists of 25 rooms x 2 ethernet sockets per room total 50, plus 6 EAP access points to covers the hotel wifi.

I was thinking of purchasing a core switch to control the dhcp and to send to all switches and access points. Is this a good idea? What do you suggest models please.

If your ISP router supports multi-nets, then you can choose a managed switch with DHCP server function, the models in the following table are for reference only:

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-10 09:57:56 - last edited 2022-01-11 07:10:50

Hi  @Hank21 

I dont think it does support multi-nets, i can see it lets you create vlans , in general it's a crapy ISP router VOIP ISDN and has ISDN BRI port for my telephone box or else i have no telephone LOL,

The other option is if i buy ISDN VOIP VDSL+  router which i am also thinking, after doing some search i dont think tplink has right?

Options
2022-01-11 05:29:28

Dear @Nek ,

Correct, there may not be a similar product to what you are looking for.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 3

Related Articles