What is the name of the actual network OS running on TP-Link business switches like the TL-SG3428X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What is the name of the actual network OS running on TP-Link business switches like the TL-SG3428X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 18:52:31
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good evening,

Currently I am refering to the module names of my Ansible TP-Link modules as ios. But ofcourse although there is clearly a similarity it is not the Network OS that's running on these switches. So the question is, how does TP-Link call the network OS on it's devices?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Pascal van Dam

Options
2 Reply
Re:What is the name of the actual network OS running on TP-Link business switches like the TL-SG3428X
2022-01-12 08:32:10

Dear @pamvdam

pamvdam wrote

Currently I am refering to the module names of my Ansible TP-Link modules as ios. But ofcourse although there is clearly a similarity it is not the Network OS that's running on these switches. So the question is, how does TP-Link call the network OS on it's devices?

The switch is Linux Based OS.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:What is the name of the actual network OS running on TP-Link business switches like the TL-SG3428X
2022-01-12 08:56:44

@Hank21 

Thanks

Some similar approach like Cisco uses. They are called things like NX-OS. Shall I refer to it as tp-os? Or does it not have a name withing TP-Links engineering department?

or tp-ios? (don't know if the name is trademarked)

Kind regards,

Pascal van Dam

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1803

Replies: 2