What is the name of the actual network OS running on TP-Link business switches like the TL-SG3428X

What is the name of the actual network OS running on TP-Link business switches like the TL-SG3428X
2022-01-11 18:52:31
Model: TL-SG3428X
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good evening,

Currently I am refering to the module names of my Ansible TP-Link modules as ios. But ofcourse although there is clearly a similarity it is not the Network OS that's running on these switches. So the question is, how does TP-Link call the network OS on it's devices?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Pascal van Dam

Options
2 Reply
Re:What is the name of the actual network OS running on TP-Link business switches like the TL-SG3428X
2022-01-12 08:32:10

Dear @pamvdam

pamvdam wrote

Currently I am refering to the module names of my Ansible TP-Link modules as ios. But ofcourse although there is clearly a similarity it is not the Network OS that's running on these switches. So the question is, how does TP-Link call the network OS on it's devices?

The switch is Linux Based OS.

Best Regards!

If this was helpful click the Triangles button below. If this solved your issue, please mark it "Recommended Solution" to help others.
Options
Re:What is the name of the actual network OS running on TP-Link business switches like the TL-SG3428X
2022-01-12 08:56:44

@Hank21 

Thanks

Some similar approach like Cisco uses. They are called things like NX-OS. Shall I refer to it as tp-os? Or does it not have a name withing TP-Links engineering department?

or tp-ios? (don't know if the name is trademarked)

Kind regards,

Pascal van Dam

Options