CPE 510 bridge config question...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-14 17:36:04 - last edited 2022-01-17 01:10:59
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I just picked up a pair of CPE 510 wireless bridge/AP.

I'm trying to set them up for a point-to-point wireless bridge application.

I will never need AP functionality...this application is strickly point to point bridge, preferably with MAC security.

During the "Bridge" quick setup, I'm promped for "Client" SSID and security info. I thought I could enter my MAC info for the other device here and skip to the next page.

On the next page is the "Wireless AP" settings, which I don't want. So, I thought I could disable the wireless radio for this functionality and continue setup. But, I think I'm completely diabling the wireless radio on this page and not just for AP functionality, correct?

So, do I HAVE to setup SSID for Remote AP, and vice-versa, when I config the other device?

Any input is appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE 510 bridge config question...
2022-01-17 10:04:15

@cajunvoyage 

I also consulted tplink support before, I wanted to use it as Bridge mode and here are their exact words:

Actually, CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 45 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe wifi angle.
You can refer this link to see cpe wifi angle:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1044/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 321

Replies: 1