TP-Link Pharos CPE510 Repeater Mode Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-15 13:52:54 - last edited 2022-01-17 00:58:16
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 Build 20190125 Rel. 36276 (0000)

I want to setup TP-Link Pharos CPE510 in Repeater Mode and I did it through the usual step. But after adding my main router, In the status tab it is showing like this. 

Signal Strength (Horizontal/Vertical):N/A

Noise Strength:N/A

SNR:N/A

Transmit CCQ:N/A

AP:Enable

MAC Address: Showing my main router mac address

SSID: Shows my SSID

Security Mode:WPA-PSK

Connected Stations:0

What should I do???

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Pharos CPE510 Repeater Mode Issues
2022-01-18 07:39:53

Dear @rahul_reghu ,

rahul_reghu wrote

I want to setup TP-Link Pharos CPE510 in Repeater Mode and I did it through the usual step. But after adding my main router, In the status tab it is showing like this.

Actually, it is suggestion that you don't set the CPE as repeater mode.

Because CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 45 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe WiFi angle.

Please refer to this post to learn more details: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/514520

Best Regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 1