cpe510 log in issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

cpe510 log in issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
cpe510 log in issue
cpe510 log in issue
2022-01-20 03:59:24 - last edited 2022-01-21 00:50:18
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,  I'm trying to reconnect a couple of cpe510's.  Set up is computer--ac2300 (cabled)--cpe510 (cabled as AP)--cpe510 (point to point, direct line of sight 150' as client--tl-wa1201.  Everything was working fine, strong signal.  Overnight it just stopped working.  I re-set both cpe510, 10 sec on the passive poe adapter.  Now when I follow install directions, I can't log into 192.168.0.254.  It times out but just before the "try Again" button becomes active, the next page (the one warning to go back) flashes on screen.  It's the same issue weather I'm on desk top or lap top, firefox or chrome, incognito or normal.  When I pinged 192.168.0.254, it came back "192.168.0.183 unreachable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Chas

Options
5 Reply
Re:cpe510 log in issue
2022-01-20 06:39:34 - last edited 2022-01-21 00:50:18

Dear @Cpb123 ,

Cpb123 wrote

Hi,  I'm trying to reconnect a couple of cpe510's.  Set up is computer--ac2300 (cabled)--cpe510 (cabled as AP)--cpe510 (point to point, direct line of sight 150' as client--tl-wa1201.  Everything was working fine, strong signal.  Overnight it just stopped working.  I re-set both cpe510, 10 sec on the passive poe adapter.  Now when I follow install directions, I can't log into 192.168.0.254.  It times out but just before the "try Again" button becomes active, the next page (the one warning to go back) flashes on screen.  It's the same issue weather I'm on desk top or lap top, firefox or chrome, incognito or normal.  When I pinged 192.168.0.254, it came back "192.168.0.183 unreachable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Chas

May I know what is the IP address of your PC when you try to do the Ping test?
Did you see the changing of lights on the CPE when you RESET?

If you confirm that the reset process was successful, please try disconnecting the CPE from your front-end router, connect the PC directly to the CPE and set the PC with a static IP address similar to 192.168.0.10 in the same network segment as the CPE's IP address and try again.

Here is the detailed article to show you more solutions: Why cannot I log in to the web management page of the CPE?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-20 20:50:39 - last edited 2022-01-21 00:50:18

@Hank21 

Hello Hank!  The IP address of my computer when I pinged was 192.168.0.10.  I was trying to set it up again and was following the installation guide that came with the CPE510's and never took it out.  I did not see the led's flash as I reset from the passive PoE adapter.  Both units are a distance from the adapter so I could not do both.  I would need a ladder to reset the AP on the unit itself, which I would be glad to do if you think it's important.  The led did not flash when I pushed the reset button on the adapter. 

I don't know how to confirm that the reset process was successful as I can't get past the 192.168.0.524 page. I'm not very knowledgeable on this process, so if there's something that I should have done or can do or that you assume I have done, I'll be happy to do it.  I won't take offense if you assume I know nothing.  Thanks for your thoughts and help.   Chas

Options
2022-01-21 05:34:24

Dear @Cpb123

Cpb123 wrote

The IP address of my computer when I pinged was 192.168.0.10.  I was trying to set it up again and was following the installation guide that came with the CPE510's and never took it out.  I did not see the led's flash as I reset from the passive PoE adapter.  Both units are a distance from the adapter so I could not do both.  I would need a ladder to reset the AP on the unit itself, which I would be glad to do if you think it's important.  The led did not flash when I pushed the reset button on the adapter. 

Actually, if you reset the CPE successfully, the light on the CPE will change, and the reset process can be done on the POE injector.

Have you ever changed the CPE's IP before?

What about changing a shorter cable to test?

And you can also turn off the firewall and anti-virus software in this PC to have a try.

Or change another client to login to test.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-21 14:56:05

@Cpb123 Hello Hank,  Changing cables made no difference, and I've been in incognito mode with firewalls and anti virus off.  When you say "to change to another client" to log in to test.  What does that mean, instead of 290.168.0.254, try 253 or 250? I have with the same results. Or does client mean another unit like my cpe510 client?  I'm afraid I have a lot to learn, even understanding the nomenclature.

I still go back to the flash of the "go back, advance" page that appears for a second before the "Try Again" button becomes active.  It's like the page wants to load but something blocks it and sends it back to the "Try Again-timed out" page.  Could that be telling me something?

I have changed the IP address of the computer according to the set up/configure instructions that came with my cpe510's and once they were configured, set them back to a dynamic IP.  When I needed to go into the Pharo's system mgmt before the 192.168.0.253 IP address got me in to the client set up. It dosen't work now.  Could I be looking at a hardware issue?

Thanks again,  Chas

Options
2022-01-25 20:50:25

Dear @Cpb123 ,

I think we've done enough troubleshooting, but if you still can't get into the interface, it may be a hardware problem and we suggest contacting support directly for a better solution.

Best Regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 672

Replies: 5

Related Articles