Unknown TP-Link product

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unknown TP-Link product

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unknown TP-Link product
Unknown TP-Link product
2022-02-04 04:50:45 - last edited 2022-02-08 01:05:21
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I now have paired TP-Link "Outdoor CPE" units. After 8 months operation, communications suddenly failed. I bought a third unit today and replaced one to enable trouble shooting.

The TP-Link website does not recognize "Outdoor CPE" as one of your products.

With no reference to its existence, I do not know how to direct my request for help.

I forget how I set up the first pair. The new one is successfully set up as an Access Point (I think), as I can connect to internet via myShaw modem/router and the TP-Link 2.4.

I cannot set up my "client" PC, because it needs internet access. It needs the TP-Link Outdoor CPE "access" service to get the internet required to commence communication.

How do I start?

Cheers,

Dave Kelly 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unknown TP-Link product
2022-02-08 07:17:36

Dear @DaveAK

DaveAK wrote

The TP-Link website does not recognize "Outdoor CPE" as one of your products.

With no reference to its existence, I do not know how to direct my request for help.

I forget how I set up the first pair. The new one is successfully set up as an Access Point (I think), as I can connect to internet via myShaw modem/router and the TP-Link 2.4.

I cannot set up my "client" PC, because it needs internet access. It needs the TP-Link Outdoor CPE "access" service to get the internet required to commence communication.

Based on the issues you mentioned, the following is for your reference:
1. You need to enter the product model CPE710 in the search bar on the official website of tplink.com, so that you can see the specific information of the product.

2. The first time you configure the CPE, you need to use a PC to connect directly to the CPE to enter the interface for configuration and no need network.

3. There is the specific configuration step that you can refer:
1) The CPE point to point is for a long distance internet transmission, please kindly refer to this video which include the standard process:
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/ISUSlTcgWks

2) Here we have the detailed setup instruction.
How to login management page of the CPE: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/710/
How to set up the Access Point mode: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/730/
How to set up the Client mode: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/727/

3) Please note:
a) The LAN IP address of the Access Point should be different with the LAN IP address of the Client.

If the Access Point has the LAN IP 192.168.0.254, then we need to set up a different LAN IP for Client, such as 192.168.0.253

b) Do not enable the MAXtream on the Access Point if you have other devices that need to connect to the CPE Wi-Fi.

c) Change the security and set a PSK password for Access Point

4) After you set up the Access Point and Client, if you the Client has no internet, please follow this link to do the troubleshooting.
How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
TP-Link CPE710 resurrection.
2022-02-09 19:39:57

@Hank21 

Your detailed and logical stepwise procedures did the trick.

I thought I had repeated each several times previously, including starting several time from defaults. I must have made mistakes, left things out or did not wait long enough for configuration settings to complete.

My final "start from scratch" for Client worked.

Thank you Hank21. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 2

Related Articles