What is the best AP for PtMP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-09 13:14:39

I've been planning to build a PtMP on our area here in the Philippines. I have possible clients of 30-50 on different locations are are 1km away as far as 5km away.
Can you suggest what is the best model of AP and Clients for near and far areas?

My idea first is to put 4pieces of AP on 80ft pole pointing on different location and to cover much of the areas, I've been thinking to get 4 pieces of TP-Link CPE610 for my AP and  P-Link CPE510  for clients?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:What is the best AP for PtMP
2022-02-10 09:13:15

Dear @Mellx1 ,

Mellx1 wrote

I've been planning to build a PtMP on our area here in the Philippines. I have possible clients of 30-50 on different locations are are 1km away as far as 5km away.
Can you suggest what is the best model of AP and Clients for near and far areas?
My idea first is to put 4pieces of AP on 80ft pole pointing on different location and to cover much of the areas, I've been thinking to get 4 pieces of TP-Link CPE610 for my AP and  P-Link CPE510  for clients?

It is suggestion to use CPE510, it can support to a greater distance than the CPE210 and the antenna has a greater angle than the CPE710.

But still, be aware: its antenna angle is only 45 degrees and you need to place the Client CPE within the antenna angle of the AP CPE.

This article will help you:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuration-guides/common-applications-for-pharos-products/?configurationId=22033%20(Point%20to%20Point)#_idTextAnchor002

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 1

Related Articles