TL-SX105 - No ethernet connection / no port activity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-28 02:23:36 - last edited 2022-03-01 03:14:24
Model: TL-SX105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Not available

Hello,

I purchased a TL-SX105 10Gbps 5 port unmanaged switch 3 months ago and connected it up with 24AWG Cat8 Ethernet cables, every device connected to this switch was using the same high grade of shielded Ethernet cable, the switch is not placed anywhere near any electrical/industrial interference as my use-case is SOHO, requiring fast <> access to my NAS from desktop computers running Windows 10.

This unmanaged switch is/was connected directly to my VR2800 VDSL/ADSL modem/router which handles the DHCP server, IP assignment and IP reservation on my network.

When powered on all the port lights on the TL-SX105 light up once, the power LED remains on and none of the port lights are lit when cables are connected to the Ethernet ports, all devices connected to this switch fail to connect to my network.

I have tried various different Cat6, Cat6A, Cat7 and Cat8 cables with this switch since it developed this fault with no success on any port or combination of ports.

I have tested all my cables with a stand alone cable tester and via the use of my old 1Gbps managed switch which has built-in port monitoring with cable testing, all came back OK.

I have also done the port loop test as described on this page: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/736/

None of the port lights come on while doing the loop test.

Since this is an unmanaged switch, I have no way to further diagnose the issues with this piece of equipment.

Please advise as to how to rectify this situation, Warranty? , RMA?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SX105 - No ethernet connection / no port activity-Solution
2022-02-28 07:29:15 - last edited 2022-03-01 03:14:24

@uro It seems like a hardware issue. I suggest contact tplink support and ask how to get warranty service. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SX105 - No ethernet connection / no port activity-Solution
2022-02-28 07:29:15 - last edited 2022-03-01 03:14:24

@uro It seems like a hardware issue. I suggest contact tplink support and ask how to get warranty service. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-SX105 - No ethernet connection / no port activity
2022-02-28 11:19:01

@Somnus yes its definitely a hardware issue, it was operating fine from the day it arrived up until last night when suddenly half my network vanished.

I have contacted the retailer this morning who told me to contact tp-link support which I have now done, they are now processing an RMA under warranty so hopefully I'll be back up to 10GbE soon.

In the meantime I did keep a hold of my old 1GbE switch which will take a bit of getting used to after 3 months in the fast lane.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1081

Replies: 2