CPE510 wifi Extender (Repeater)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 20:13:26
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need help. I can't configure my CPE510 as a wifi repeater for my garden. I followed all the instructions provided (on TPlink website, youtube tutorials) but when I start the configuration process and I click on "survey" I can't find the name of my home wifi in the list. (curioulsy I find lot of WIFI-names that I don't see when I source on my smartphone).

Why can't I find it? Is it because of my router? or my Internet provider? I can’t go on from that point on. thanks for your help. Alessandro

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE510 wifi Extender (Repeater)
2022-03-08 12:25:27

Dear @AleFerrari ,

AleFerrari wrote

I need help. I can't configure my CPE510 as a wifi repeater for my garden. I followed all the instructions provided (on TPlink website, youtube tutorials) but when I start the configuration process and I click on "survey" I can't find the name of my home wifi in the list. (curioulsy I find lot of WIFI-names that I don't see when I source on my smartphone).

Why can't I find it? Is it because of my router? or my Internet provider? I can’t go on from that point on. thanks for your help. Alessandro

1. First of all, CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 45 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe wifi angle.
You can refer this link to see cpe wifi angle:
How to adjust orientation of outdoor AP for better signal coverage?

2. If you can not find your router's wifi, please check the version of your CPE. The EU version of CPE can only use Band 3; the US version of CPE can only use Band 4. Please set the Band of your front-end router to the corresponding one and click Survey to try again.

3. Here is a FAQ you can refer: How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully?

Best Regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 1

Related Articles