Users names in groups profiles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-09 14:45:47
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I created a MAC group and assigned a name for each MAC address, however, when a device is connected it shows de 'device name' not the name I assigned for that MAC in the group

Options
3 Reply
Re:Users names in groups profiles
2022-03-10 07:56:46

Dear @Ramiro_STI ,

Ramiro_STI wrote

I created a MAC group and assigned a name for each MAC address, however, when a device is connected it shows de 'device name' not the name I assigned for that MAC in the group

1. Is the settings don't work from the beginning?
Or is it a problem after you have changed some settings? For example, did you upgrade the firmware version?

2. Have you tried rebooting the controller? Or reboot the clients?

3. Please provide a screenshot of the settings and a screenshot of the error that doesn't work so that we can better pinpoint the problem.

4. What device did you specifically change the name of based on the MAC address?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-15 16:40:14

@Hank21 Hi

1. Is the settings don't work from the beginning? Yes, from the beginning

2. Have you tried rebooting the controller? Or reboot the clients? Yes, both

3.Please provide a screenshot of the settings and a screenshot of the error that doesn't work so that we can better pinpoint the problem.

4. What device did you specifically change the name of based on the MAC address?

AP:

Switch:

Router:

Options
2022-03-16 03:46:47 - last edited 2022-03-16 03:53:25

@Ramiro_STI 

What is the device? I searched the MAC address and found out nothing. It seems to match up with the Apple Private MAC address?

Anyway, so, if you are using Apple products, your device will display with the MAC address as the Device Name by default. If you turn off Private Address, you will see the actual Username of the device in the Client.

The Group under the Profiles is for:

Profiles is used to configure and record your custom settings for site configurations. Groups section allows you to customize client groups based on IP, IP-Port, or MAC address. You can set different rules for the groups profiles which can be shared and applied to ACL, Routing, NAT, etc. in site configuration. After creating the profiles, you can apply them to multiple configurations for different sites, saving you from repeatedly setting up the same information.

If possible, please go to the Clients > Select your device > on the right pop-up panel, check config > put the Name there > Apply and check again.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 3