Series connection of 2 CPE220's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-10 01:51:11 - last edited 2022-03-11 05:26:53

Hi All

Can't seem to find configuration diagrams to achieve what I want.

The idea is to increase coverage over a large Museum site using multiple cpe220's.

No internet involved, just local wifi coverage for lights and alarms.

I have an indoor TP-Link Wifi router connected to a PC.

This router has a cat5 cable from one of the ports to an outdoor CPE220 via a poE supply.

The power supply is about 30 meters away from the mast and has only 1 cat5 going to

the first CPE220 on the mast.

All working good sofar.

To cover weak areas, I have mounted additional CPE220's all on the same csid and password

so it will become one large wifi coverage area.

From first CPE220 Lan0 port, I have a cat5 going to second CPE220.

The second CPE220 has poE cable from power supply.

My questions:

1: Does the cat5 from first cpe220 go into the Lan port of the poE supply, or direct into the Lan port of the second CPE220.

2: What mode would you suggest for this to work.

3: If we ignore the cat5 cable from first cpe220, then which

Regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Series connection of 2 CPE220's-Solution
2022-03-10 11:19:25 - last edited 2022-03-11 05:26:53

Dear @HBMuseum ,

HBMuseum wrote

The idea is to increase coverage over a large Museum site using multiple cpe220's.

I noticed that you repeatedly mentioned that you wanted to achieve WiFi coverage in a certain area, right?
If so, the EAP Outdoor series products may be more suitable for your topology, for example the EAP225-Outdoor, which is an outdoor Access Point product with WiFi coverage up to 100m radius.

As for CPE series devices, they are equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited degree angle.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Series connection of 2 CPE220's-Solution
2022-03-10 11:19:25 - last edited 2022-03-11 05:26:53

Dear @HBMuseum ,

HBMuseum wrote

I noticed that you repeatedly mentioned that you wanted to achieve WiFi coverage in a certain area, right?
If so, the EAP Outdoor series products may be more suitable for your topology, for example the EAP225-Outdoor, which is an outdoor Access Point product with WiFi coverage up to 100m radius.

As for CPE series devices, they are equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited degree angle.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Series connection of 2 CPE220's
2022-03-10 19:43:31 - last edited 2022-03-10 20:46:21

@Hank21 

Many thanks for your reply.

I appreciate you have just made me aware that I have selected the wrong aerial to start  with.

However, being a volunteer at this museum, I now have to live wih that.

So, if anyone can answer my questions that would really be appreceated.

Regards

Edit: Worth noting that I originally chose the cpe220 because the site is covered with large moist leaf trees.

The theory was to produce a field under the canopy pointing to areas where another cpe220 would point

to different areas. We were unable to get permission to get a tower to go above the canopy.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 2