CPE210 AP router router configuration issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-10 19:43:16
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3 build 20201110

Hi, 

I try to configure one of my CPE210 as an AP router. I need to work as a router and distribute IPs to wireless clients.

But when I type "finish" on the configuration screen, the screen freezes and i get a message "can't  fetch data". I change my IP for the same subnet of the CPE210 but : the AP respond to the ping but the configuration interface is unreachable. 

The remote IP management doesn't respond to the ping or to http requests.

What is the pb with these AP ?  I used to use TL-WA7210N, they was working fine. 

Steve

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE210 AP router router configuration issue
2022-03-11 09:56:39

Dear @Stevebcy ,

Stevebcy wrote

I try to configure one of my CPE210 as an AP router. I need to work as a router and distribute IPs to wireless clients.

But when I type "finish" on the configuration screen, the screen freezes and i get a message "can't  fetch data". I change my IP for the same subnet of the CPE210 but : the AP respond to the ping but the configuration interface is unreachable. 

The remote IP management doesn't respond to the ping or to http requests.

1. May I know what device you want to connect your CPE to?
2. What is the IP of your CPE and what is the IP of the gateway in your LAN?
3. Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?

4. If your client connects to the CPE's WiFi can it get an IP?
If it can get an IP, try pinging the CPE with this client and ping the gateway to test it.

5. This configuration guide may be helpful if you have not seen it before:

How to Configure the AP Router Mode on the Pharos device?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-15 12:49:32

@Hank21 hello

1. May I know what device you want to connect your CPE to?
>> CPE210 (US version)

2. What is the IP of your CPE and what is the IP of the gateway in your LAN?
>> IP:10.10.10.254/24

>> GW : 10.10.10.1/24

3. Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?

>> I'll send it to you ASAP. 

But the issue is that sometimes the device doesn't save its configuration properly. And sometimes, when the configuration is saved then the management interface is unreachable...http:10.10.10.254 doesn't respond while the web server is up (using scan IP Scanner Pro app to verify). I have to reset the device then go back to the factory configuration. 

4. If your client connects to the CPE's WiFi can it get an IP?
>> I use the wire cable to access the device to configure it not the WIFI. 

5. This configuration guide may be helpful if you have not seen it before:

>> not at all cause I've already download and read all you guides. I'm a network engineer with 20y of background in WIFI and I've been using TP-link devices since 2014. I was previously using TL-WA7210N and TL-WA7510N

Another partner told us that they had the same issue while configuring the CPE201/510. They send them back to the provider for an exchange. 

Do you have known issue with the configuration of these devices or connection stability issues ? 

Options
2022-03-16 06:25:12 - last edited 2022-03-16 06:27:50

@Stevebcy 

OK. This is about remote access. Just mention this. I explain with other two pictures about your issue.

If you want to set it up as a AP router, you need to know that this device will become a router. Therefore, there is a WAN IP(you'll see this IP as 10.10.10.X/24 from your router) and a LAN IP(whatever the DHCP range you define).

If you want to access the CPE, you need to connect to the LAN of CPE. When your IP is the in the range of DHCP. 192.168.0.100-192.168.0.199. Access the LAN IP 192.168.0.254.

I don't think that you should type in the

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 3

Related Articles