Device not obtaining an IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-12 09:21:56
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have recently got a Pisces p100 PoE Helium hotspot thinking it will be a plug and play job but it's been quite opposite...

My home setup consists of a pfSense router/firewall and a TP-Link T2600G-28MPS managed POE switch. In theory, I should be able to connect the hotspot via ethernet and it should be up and running. I have c. 5 POE and 15 non-POE wired devices running without any issues.

The Pisces is not coming up anywhere - the switch shows it as link down, and of course it's not showing in the pfSense. I can however see the switch feeding power to the it and it's showing c. 50v and c. 5w consumption.

However, the hotspot works when connected directly to pfSense... the switch runs on default settings so not sure what may be causing it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Device not obtaining an IP address
2022-03-14 02:52:18 - last edited 2022-03-14 02:54:09

@m4rtn 

From my past experience, I can only tell that either the physical issue or the settings blocks the connection.

Physical: your switch port is dead/ your cable's broken/ your device is defective.

Settings: you've turned the port off/ you have set up VLAN but not correctly configured

It is wise to swap with different cables and reset the switch if you don't know about the config/settings. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 1

Related Articles