NVR: Connected with no internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-17 09:11:09
Model: VIGI NVR1008  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

The whole VIGI surveillance already worked when I was at home testing it, but when I transferred it to work, it just won't connect to the internet.

I already tried restarting, resetting to factory default, resetting via hardware (opening up the NVR), restarting the modem/router, going back and forth from auto and manual in the settings. 

All cables are connected to where they're supposed to be. Please see photos below for more info (the Switch is connected to LAN 2 on the Modem):

Options
9 Reply
Re:NVR: Connected with no internet access
2022-03-18 01:35:34

@gianne 

Hello and welcome.

Have you tried differente Ethernet cables? So, when you move the setup from home to work, do you still run the same cables?

What about the settings? Does the NVR use a static IP? What are the settings of this? Do you get an IP address?

So, if you get the IPs, are you able to ping the IP address of NVR from your local PC in the same network? It seems to be an issue with your Internet instead of the NVR.

That would be helpful if you can do the above steps. Let me know about your network topology and settings if you have set up anything advanced.

Options
2022-03-18 02:46:47

@Hank21 Hi! Thank you for your reply. 

I used the same cables from home, and the same topology. I guess the only difference is that I have another separate switch at work for the EAPs (and the other one solely for CCTVs & NVR). So I have 2 switches connected to the router, could this possibly be part of the problem?

Sorry tbh I'm not very familiar with network terms such as static IP addresses, and pinging them. Currently though, I put it on manual first then on auto to kind of (hopefully) refresh the IP. But it does get an IP when I put it on Auto! I'll try searching on how to ping the IP address, thank you! :)

Options
2022-03-18 08:13:06

@gianne 

OK. It is best to connect The NVR to a port where you PC can use Internet without a problem. Check your IP on the NVR. It's very important to know the IP and your gateway IP.

Options
2022-03-18 08:29:51

@Hank21 Thank you! I'll try this the next time I go to work!

Options
2022-07-31 10:43:59

@gianne  pare parehas tayo (we are the same bro). How did you find a solution?

Options
2022-07-31 14:38:45

@gianne 

Options
2022-07-31 14:39:30

what is wrong with my network topology?

Options
2022-08-01 08:34:57

Gentlemen,

Your subnet should be the same as PLDT's.  PLDT Default is 192.168.1.x.  You can use 192.168.1.2 to 254.

Good luck!

Options
2022-08-04 10:15:31 - last edited 2022-08-04 10:17:52

I had a similar problem.

Auto mode seems to be "one time" config, it doesn't update if the network changes.

I had put a random manual config (with validating the config not only change the combo) that of course not work, and I put back on auto mode and now it works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2455

Replies: 9

Related Articles