VLANS and DHCP Server on TL-SG2428P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 14:16:45
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I am changing from juniper to tp-link, because I do not have access to the juniper.

I need help to configure the TL-SG2428P switch 

I have 10 aruba 205 iap routers which are connected together and I manage them to go based on the vlans. I have 3 vlans one for computers and one for mobiles and one for guests.

How can I make the vlans on TL-SG2428P and how to assign ip adress to every vlan and what should the vlan includes, which ports ?

If someone can help :D 

The infrastructure is something like this :

Options
12 Reply
Re:VLANS and DHCP Server on TL-SG2428P
2022-03-22 08:06:05

Dear @Ibbe ,

Ibbe wrote

I need help to configure the TL-SG2428P switch 

I have 10 aruba 205 iap routers which are connected together and I manage them to go based on the vlans. I have 3 vlans one for computers and one for mobiles and one for guests.

How can I make the vlans on TL-SG2428P and how to assign ip adress to every vlan and what should the vlan includes, which ports ?

Firstly, please confirm your routers can support multi-nets NAT.

Then there is the article can help you to learn more details:

How to build up a multi-nets network via Multi-Nets NAT feature on TP-Link router with L2+/L3 switches?

And note the ports between router and switch need be tagged.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-24 13:43:01

@Hank21 

Hi Hank!

I have fortigate firewall which has 6 lan ports and two wan ports 

and I have juniper switches and I am not sure how the clients are taking ip adress from whi ch of them is the dhcp. I have access to fortigate but I do not have acess to juniper 

That is why i baught tplink I want to change the juniper with the tp link switch because It is easier to configure. but I do not know how to configure the vlan

I have computers which are connected direct to the switch I have access points and in the access points the ssid i have every ssid is pointing to vlan and I do not have access to the switch but I can see that the dhcp is enabled on the firewall

I have another question if I connect any device to port 24 for example how does it know that it should go through port 1 which is vlan2 for example?

Options
2022-03-25 05:14:27

Dear @Ibbe,

Ibbe wrote

That is why i baught tplink I want to change the juniper with the tp link switch because It is easier to configure. but I do not know how to configure the vlan

I have computers which are connected direct to the switch I have access points and in the access points the ssid i have every ssid is pointing to vlan and I do not have access to the switch but I can see that the dhcp is enabled on the firewall

I have another question if I connect any device to port 24 for example how does it know that it should go through port 1 which is vlan2 for example?

You can refer to this simple VLAN setup article for egress and ingress rules:

How to configure 802.1Q VLAN on TP-Link Easy Smart/Unmanaged Pro Switches?

The PVID is the ingress rule. When an untagged data enters a port on the switch, if you have set PVID 2 on that port beforehand (generally the PVID value is set to the same as the VLAN ID), then the data will be tagged as 2 and this will tell the switch that the data is going to VLAN2.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-07 08:22:05 - last edited 2022-04-07 08:30:01

@Hank21 

Hi

I did the configuration and it worked well and the pc is getting ip adress and is connecting to the vlan. The problem i have now that I have aruba accesspoint in aruba wireless I can point a computer to the vlan using the ssid, but how should I tell the switch port which the accesspoint is connected to if we say the accesspoint is connected to port 9. when this computer is connected to ssid 1 take it to vlan6 on switch port 6 and when the computer is connected to ssid 2 (on the same port the accesspoint is connected to on switch port 9) take it to vlan 5. what should i do?

:)

Options
2022-04-11 08:28:53 - last edited 2022-04-11 08:29:23

Any answer please regarding this problem

Does the device i have support what iam intending to do ?

Options
2022-04-11 13:12:23

Hi  @Ibbe 

We use Tagged port to link up Access Point and untag port to link up PC. 

For your reference we can make VLAN6 contains port 9 and port 6. Port 9 tagged, port 6 untag PVID 6;

VLAN 5 contains port 9 and port 5. port 9 tagged, and port 5 untag PVID 5. 

The point is, uplink port(to the main gateway) and downlink port(to other switch/AP) should be tagged port in all VLANs. 

Options
2022-04-12 10:02:07 - last edited 2022-04-12 10:27:27

@Hank21 

Thanks alot

I did all configuration. I still need the switch to communicate with the firewall I have firewall ip adress 192.168.0.1 and the switch ip adress is 192.168.0.6

Should i do static route or something else ?

Thanks in advance

Options
2022-04-13 04:32:25
Hi  @Ibbe  There is no VLAN settings on the firewall router? If so, the router need to support multi-nets NAT, and yes we need to do static routing on firewall. For example static routing: Destination IP VLAN 6 network; next hoop 192.168.0.6(the switch) And on the switch we also need a static routing: Destination IP 0.0.0.0 next hoop 192.168.0.1(means we set up firewall IP as gateway of the switch) Like the example: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/887/
Options
2022-04-13 04:32:39
Hi  @Ibbe  There is no VLAN settings on the firewall router? If so, the router need to support multi-nets NAT, and yes we need to do static routing on firewall. For example static routing: Destination IP VLAN 6 network; next hoop 192.168.0.6(the switch) And on the switch we also need a static routing: Destination IP 0.0.0.0 next hoop 192.168.0.1(means we set up firewall IP as gateway of the switch) Like the example: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/887/
Options
2022-04-13 09:24:32

Hi  @Hank21 

There is vlan settings on firewall and the firewall is configured as nat mode.

I am not able to communicate with firewall. I did routing and everything

the firewall ip is 192.168.0.1

The tp link switch ip is 192.168.0.2

The computer ip is getting from dhcp 192.168.5.2

The computer is connected to the switch on port 9

connection between firewall and switch on port 5 in both

port 5 and port 9 are untagged on switch

static route 0.0.0.0 to 192.168.0.1

The dhcp is enable on both firewall and switch

Iam able to ping 192.168.0.2 from the computer but I am not able to ping the firewall.

What do you think is the problem

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4098

Replies: 12

Related Articles