cpe510 point to point problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-29 21:13:13 - last edited 2022-04-26 10:23:55
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys, first of all I apologize for my English, but I am Italian and therefore I help myself to write with a translator and with my basic knowledge of the language.
I have a problem that has been driving me crazy for days.
I made a connection between two houses, about 300 meters as the crow flies and I bought 2 cpe510 antennas.
I start with explaining the link and then I explain the problem.
In house 1 the line starts from the main modem, goes to a switch, goes to the poe power supply and goes to antenna, antenna set in the access point.
In house 2 comes antenna, passes poe power supply and goes to access point, antenna set in client.
The problem is that as soon as the antenna of house 1 is configured, everything works, a couple of hours pass and the antenna of house 2 no longer receives a signal, I search for the line again and I no longer find the line, it is as if the house 1 stops working, but in reality everything is perfect in house 1, right connection, from the pc I can access the antenna.

In house 2 I search for the signal and I no longer find the channel of house 1
To make everything work, I have to reset home antenna 1, configure and start, but then after a couple of hours the same problem arises.
I tried to reverse the antenna, to replace it, but the problem remains.
What can it depend on?
I tried static and dynamic ip, but same, same problem.
In short, I await your advice, thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
cpe510 point to point problem-Solution
2022-04-13 06:35:51 - last edited 2022-04-26 10:23:55

@Nheliot hi, I solved it by setting Channel Width fixed and not in automatic, try this, put the same Channel Width in both, I set both in 20Mhz and it immediately worked.
From my experience I can tell you that they work automatically immediately and then not, because by default they start with the same channel, then being automatic it is enough that in one of the two changes are no longer seen.
In fact, if you set 20mhz in one and 30 in the other, they will not be seen, so I explained the problem to myself and solved it and now it works wonderfully.
Take this test and let me know, bye

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:cpe510 point to point problem
2022-03-30 08:08:05

Dear @lombardostore

lombardostore wrote
The problem is that as soon as the antenna of house 1 is configured, everything works, a couple of hours pass and the antenna of house 2 no longer receives a signal, I search for the line again and I no longer find the line, it is as if the house 1 stops working, but in reality everything is perfect in house 1, right connection, from the pc I can access the antenna.

In house 2 I search for the signal and I no longer find the channel of house 1
To make everything work, I have to reset home antenna 1, configure and start, but then after a couple of hours the same problem arises.
I tried to reverse the antenna, to replace it, but the problem remains.

1. Have you ever changed the channel and channel width to test?

And make sure the AP and Client CPE are in the same frequency and Channel width.

2. Here is an article may help you:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2575/

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-30 08:12:36 - last edited 2022-03-31 05:36:52

@Hank21 I have set everything automatically, is this a mistake?
But why does it work at the beginning and after a short time it no longer works?

Options
2022-03-31 05:41:44

Dear @lombardostore ,

lombardostore wrote

@Hank21 I have set everything automatically, is this a mistake?
But why does it work at the beginning and after a short time it no longer works?

This problem may be caused by factors such as channel, antenna angle and obstructions, so it is advisable to try the troubleshooting test as described above.

If your CPE's firmware are not the latest one, it is suggestion to upgrade to the latest and test again.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-12 22:35:19

I've same trouble, the CPE was working since 2 years ago, but recently one of them (client) doesn`t work, I can't see it and access to web manager since WIFI o LAN. Only I can reset it from hardware and configure again, but the trouble come back in few days.

Any solution or idea?

Options
2022-04-12 22:38:33 - last edited 2022-04-12 22:39:37

I have the same problem, the *CPE was working for 2 years, but recently one of them (client) is not working, I can't see it or access the web manager from WIFI or LAN. I can only do a hard reset and set it up again, but the problem comes back in a few days.

*They are CPE510 v3. 20201028.

Any idea or solution?

Options
2022-04-13 04:45:51

Hi all

You may also try replace the Ethernet cable between the PoE injector and the CPE. Some engineers said it sounds like a power supply issue.

Options
cpe510 point to point problem-Solution
2022-04-13 06:35:51 - last edited 2022-04-26 10:23:55

@Nheliot hi, I solved it by setting Channel Width fixed and not in automatic, try this, put the same Channel Width in both, I set both in 20Mhz and it immediately worked.
From my experience I can tell you that they work automatically immediately and then not, because by default they start with the same channel, then being automatic it is enough that in one of the two changes are no longer seen.
In fact, if you set 20mhz in one and 30 in the other, they will not be seen, so I explained the problem to myself and solved it and now it works wonderfully.
Take this test and let me know, bye

Recommended Solution
Options