Configuration VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Configuration VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Configuration VLAN
Configuration VLAN
2022-04-03 16:55:01
Model: T1700G-28TQ  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 20190108 Rel.62365(s)

Hello, and sorry if my English isn't perfect. 

I am new to VLANs. I would like to separate the different networks for more security. I made a diagram to show what my network will look like.

I started trying to configure my switch but I'm not sure what I'm doing. Here is a screenshot of my setup.

I changed the PVIDs to assign the correct subnet to each network port. Do you see any problems? Ideas to improve? For information, I would like my personal computer to communicate in all the networks for the configurations of the servers. I have to manage it in the switch or PFSENSE?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Configuration VLAN
2022-04-04 09:29:04

@ciri25 

Regarding your PC, it should be able to communicate with everything in the network. Even it's on VLAN. I am saying this point because I know about Omada. It is how Omada works. VLAN interfaces like this would work. They can communicate without any rules being set. If you want to block a VLAN from talking to another, you need to set up rules on your router then.

For the Borne WiFi, you need to make sure the Port #9 is a tagged. I believe that is an access point, right? You set up your SSID VLAN later. For the switch, you set it to tagged, VLAN xx. No need for PVID.

When you set PVID, the situation is only for PCs, printers and devices that cannot take tagged packets. Like the last picture, you set VLAN 10 to port #1 for your PC, so you set PVID 10. 

Your printer is not set to VLAN 10 on the last picture you posted. Select port 2 on that VLAN 10 profile, set PVID 10 to port 2. 

For your NAS and other devices, I don't know if they can use tagged ports or not. If not, you just set them up like the PC and printer. Select them in the right VLAN profile(untagged ports section), put PVID ID(same as the VLAN ID). Then all is good.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 1

Related Articles